Friday, 12 February 2010

Noticings

I was just introduced to a site which may be of interest to those of you looking to further explore Flickr, and in particular the geotagging functions it offers. Noticings - "the game of noticing things around you" - encourages its "players" to take pictures of interesting and unusual things which they witness during their day-to-day routine. There's even a simple scoring routine for those who find the most items! The Oxford samples are available here, though it certainly seems to be one of the quieter areas of participation so far. I suppose the aim of the site is to inspire those who want to experiment with photography a bit more - and also to encourage to people to look at their daily surroundings in a new way. The site itself also led to me discovering the electricworks Helter Skelter - an alternative to stairs!
Photo by John Popham

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that website looks like fun! (and annoyingly would have been perfect in my dissertation last year) I think I'm going to have lots of fun playing this game :)

    ReplyDelete