Monday, 25 January 2010

Thing 3 - Creating Your 23 Things Blog and Making Your First Posts

Though slightly belated, and certainly in an illogical order (this being my third post!), I think that I should provide a brief outline explaining the purpose of this blog. I am participating in 23 Things Oxford, the aim of which is to increase awareness of and proficiency in Web 2.0. An outline of this particular version of the project can be found here.
As previously mentioned, I do have some previous experience with Web 2.0 (particularly the more social aspects of it - Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and so on). However, I feel that I have not previously engaged with these resources on a more "professional" level. I'm intrigued to see how these sites can move beyond being a tool through which existing friends can converse in a social manner , and begin to help existing colleagues (and those in similar fields who otherwise would probably not be in contact with each other) to share knowledge, skills, and up-to-the-minute news. Share is the key word here I think - Web 2.0 seems to really encourage interaction as opposed to one-way announcements. I would hope that by the end of the scheme I am more adept at using such sites in a work-orientated manner - particularly in terms of interaction with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment